Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Dinner






The big night arrived and dinner was served at 7:30pm. I was so happy to have my family and neighbors join us for the big feist. I spent just under two days preparing the dishes and enjoyed every minute of it. It was my first time making turkey so I was a bit nervous about how it was going to come out. The verdict? Not quite what I was hoping for. Because I used a deep roasting pan, the turkey didn't cook evenly. The breast was done (a bit overdone for me) but the legs needed a bit more time. The solution? I separated the legs from the turkey and pan roasted them in a stainless skillet then finished it off in the oven. Yum. There is almost always a fix for your mistakes in the kitchen. The scalloped potatoes were a hit but could have used another 15 minutes or so. Once again I was reminded that timing is CRUCIAL!!!

Overall a great night. There is something about good food that makes people happy and that makes me happy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment